Transformice Wiki talk:Community Portal
 Community Question
Hey everyone, admin here. I have seen a recent trend of mice joining the wiki to social network. I was wondering if you would welcome the addition of a social profile plugin (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SocialProfile) which would allow you to friend users, have a profile etc? It's up to you guys - the community - if its a well welcomed addition, I will see what I can have implemented. --User:mpcovcd--Admin
- Ah! One'a THEM! Well... I wouldn't personally use it, but other people might wanna! Looks an' sounds nifty at least. :3 Love, Jessica U. Ingmann (Info/Feedback/Edits) 15:16, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- It looks pretty cool. Some of the messaging features would be nice if we ever did group projects. Other than that I'm not sure how much I'd use it, but I'm still in favor of it. --Mouserone 16:32, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
Just wondering, is there any reason not to post this blog on the Community portal sections? http://translolmice.blogspot.com/ If not, can someone add it for me? (I made it so I don't want to be self-advertising.) --Jioge 21:34, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
How do you pink spirit?
- Spirit. You press space to ghost it, but instead of ghosting it turns red. But really, couldn't you have looked it up...? This is a wiki, after all. lol :p --Supermouse 00:38, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
Random question: How do I change my sig? Do I use like HTML or wikisyntax?--Forgive 04:56, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Should this four armed anvil god be included somewhere?
So wouldn't it be a good idea to stick a to-do-list here for the wiki? -- Erik McClure 04:33, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
We need categories for the wiki, and a sandbox room. Ah, sup everyone. This page is fun. Well, it is the comunity portal. HAI!--Acidifiers 00:35, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
I'd love to help develop this wiki :D Any thing I can do? --Forgive 11:33, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Fill the pages with stuff! Pick a category to work on and start filling in details. A lot of pages have only a few sentences on them, which is ridiculous. Just add more stuff. The most stuff we have to work with, the better. --Erik McClure 11:39, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Lol, I have a whole lot of stuff to add but 1 thing: How do I add new pages? Sry for the bad question :P --Forgive 06:47, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
The way I personally did it was I hit search and then it was like "There is no page titled "____". You can create this page." I then clicked the "You can create this page." text and it let me create the page. I dunno if that's the correct way to do it but hey, it worked --Pingases 07:05, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Yep thats the way to do it :) -- mpcovcd
- You can also use This link. Also, please indent your discussion so it's easier to read. (: --Tylian (Talk · Contrib) 15:16, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Found 3 ways, actually :D The first is what Pingases said, the second is typing in your URL bar http://www.transformicewiki.com/index.php?title=New_Page_Name and putting the name of your new article, and the 3rd way is to make a link from an article and click it and add stuff, so your new page is relevant to others :D --Forgive 08:07, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
I'd hate to sound like an idiot, but can anyone tell me how to create redirects? I have a few that are getting on my nerves. --Konix 04:55, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yep I just figured this out. Create a new page with the name that you want to redirect to the name of the current page. Then on the new page type #REDIRECT [[Target]] you can also link to a section in an article by typing #REDIRECT [[Target#Section Title]] --Mouserone 05:12, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
Thanks a bunch for that, Mouse. Finally, I can stop making tons of redirects in pages =) --Konix 05:25, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
So yeah, I have a little pet peeve. Proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences are the only things that should be capitalized. Stop capitalizing shaman, shaman items, etc. --Konix 23:43, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
- If anyone is going to be editing anything mindlessly, I suggest they read this first :P And I meant all of it xD --Forgive 07:34, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
 Title Font
- Nice find! :D --Forgive 06:47, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Sorry this might sound nooby but how do I activate this font/ use this font? Wheezymouse If you want the font in which is:Transformice ! wiki then, the color is:4D7A9B the font-family is a mixture of:Soopafresh, Arial Black, Impact and Futura Amosngweien
 Wiki Room
In case the wiki people are interested in finding each other in the actual game, I propose that we use a room called "wiki" on each server to find other potential wiki users. Hopefully we could get a few sizable games going. --Erik McClure 10:09, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- I'll be sure to check that room when ever I'm on. --Tylian 14:08, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
I assume this room is in the English 1 server? --Konix 04:44, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
 New Logo
 Stubs and New Pages
Guys, we would have a lot less 3 sentence articles if you didn't make a new page for every single tiny little thing. You need to consolidate these into larger, more informative articles. This is what Template:Merge is for. If an article is marked as a stub and there is no way to add more information that isn't redundant then it shouldn't have its own article.
 Suggestions for the to-do list
- The individual map pages need standardized. The sections are done differently for almost every map. --Mouserone 23:18, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe the single digit map pages should be renamed map01, map02 etc. so that the show up in order in their category. --Mouserone 23:18, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- ALSO: Work to give these lonely orphan pages loving homes. (i.e. have other articles link to them in a way that MAKES SENSE) http://transformicewiki.com/index.php?title=Special:LonelyPages --Konix 20:21, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- To avoid having orphaned pages, always create pages by linking to them from an existing page, then clicking the link and editing it. This way, all pages will be relevant to at least one other page. :)--Forgive 13:43, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
 Speed Records?
As far as I know, speed records have been gathered by anyone who cares to take a screenshot of a winning time. There could be - no, there are, significantly faster times that simply haven't been captured, done by players who haven't discovered the wiki yet, players that are in the French or Russian servers, players that have been away for a while and haven't had a chance to show the members of their wiki their skills, players who practice in a specific room. As of now, the speed records are few and posted up mainly by users of the wiki. They could very well be edited - there's nothing to prove that the numbers haven't been changed. And since map numbers aren't shown, we could have the scores for similar looking maps being posted on the wrong map, whether intentionally or not. And as somebody brought up in another discussion, the record depends on how many mice are in a room.
That is to say, for one reason or another, the speed records are far from encompassing, or accurate, or cheat-proof. We need a system to make it so.
--Acidifiers 21:01, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
 Higher res images
I noticed some of the images on here are low quality, and although I don't have any image editing skills, someone on here might. 200px
I've also replaced 50px this image (for comparison) with one that I pulled from the game, and I can get more pictures if anyone needs. Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to link to the page with the images without actually showing the image. --Supermouse 01:45, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Is this what you are trying to do? Image:MouseSprite.png Also what kind of editing skills do you need? I have some limited skills and could do some basic edits if needed. --Mouserone 03:10, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to do, thank you. And I don't personally need the editing, I just noticed that some of the pictures like Image:MiceDesign.png and Image:Shaman.png are edited from the picture that I uploaded above. --Supermouse 03:17, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
 How to put an image on another image
How would you place an image on top of another image on this wiki? I know how to do it using CSS styles, but I just wanted to make sure if there was a wiki way to do it. For example, imagine a picture of the cheese and a picture of the mouse on top of it. --Supermouse 03:35, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
 About the community
Why is the first thing on our community portal a list of other websites. I liked it how it was before: "There's no Transformice Community. Everyone in this game is out there to kill you, toss you into a pit, push you into a pit, use a trampoline to toss you into a pit, make the bridge you are standing on collapse therefore killing you and generally being selfish to get cheese at the expense of any chance of civilized coexistence. Welcome to the Transformice community!" --Mouserone 01:54, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Because there IS a Transformice community? --N2existance 05:37, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
 Having some trouble updating pages..
I don't seem to be able to update the Shaman_(room) or Sync pages anymore. When I click save it doesn't give me a captcha and returns to the edited page. However, no edits are made to the history and the page is unchanged. Any ideas why this might be? Drop (talk)
 Image thumbnails can't be created?I was trying to create some images for List_of_Maps_by_Number, and a while back Christmas_Event. However it doesn't create a thumbnail so I can't place images normally. Here's an example. Is it broken?
Drop (talk) 08:26, 12 March 2013 (UTC)