- If there is an unpaired number of mice in the room, one mouse will not have a soulmate, sometimes rendering the level impossible.
- In Map 82, one mouse who knows how to walljump could jump at the wall, but if the other doesn't, both will usually fall to death.
- Map 83 is considered to be the easiest soulmate map, however, things can still go wrong.
- In Map 84 one mouse may know how to survive the 'fatal trampoline', but the other does not, resulting in one mouse being catapulted to death, and the other following.
- In maps where the cheese is below the platform (Map 88) miscommunication can cause both of you to jump off the platform.
- In Map 89, the roles of the cheese and the hole are reversed, but usually new players don't know that, resulting in two mice running in opposite direction. Thus, preventing movement for both mice.
- The string does not expand far so if a mouse if attached to a "troll", the innocent mouse will die with the "troll" who committed suicide.
- Sometimes if the string goes too far it will snap.
Trolling is easy, as soulmates are nearly unbreakable attached to each other (sometimes if the string stretches more than regular it will snap and break). It can easily been done by jumping down a cliff (or simply not co-operating).
The string is what connects the two soulmates. The string is pink in color, can be stretched, is elastic, and can be used to get better times by using the elastic elements. The string doesn't expand far unless it is done by a Shaman or by the glitch mentioned above. The string can break if you or your soulmate dies.
 Common comments
"'BLEEEP' YOU [PARTNER]"
"NOOB! YOU SUCK PARTNER #@$! YOU!!"
"haha ditched! noob."
"AACK!!! AFK PARTNER!!!"